Dude.I.Am.Almost.Famous!

Topic stolen... um borrowed from Jennifer. Now my brushes with fame aren't the A-listers Jennifer knows. Hence, my change of the title to Almost Famous.

At first I just commented on her blog Playgroups are no Place for Children, because, DUDE I went to the same college as Emmitt Smith. (And I feel the need share this with everyone I've ever met.) You may know him from a little football team called the Dallas Cowboys. If not surely you remember him from his winning Dancing with the Stars. I spent the entire DWTS season telling my BFFs hubby about how I once had a beer with Emmitt. No not just near him, I totally talked to him! It was during post season and the Cowboys weren't so good that year apparently, and Emmitt was back at school. I asked why he was in Gainesville and he said because he promised his grandma he would get his degree even if he made it in the NFL. Ain't that just the sweetest? Yah, me and Emmitt we are bonded as only Gators can be.

I also once kissed a former Gator football player who played for the LA Rams. Regardless of the fact that I can’t remember his name, as it was one night in a bar, kissing is a step ahead of drinking a beer. Now that I think of it, hell we were practically engaged! And my old insurance agent Mark Murray, played for the Gators, and was drafted into the NFL to play for Denver. I don't know if he wasn't very good or got hurt but he was only Pro for one year. And who knows you better than the man who has access to all your homeowners info and driving record? Oh, and I almost forgot somewhere I have a picture of Gino Torretta, Heisman Trophy winner from Miami. I so slyly took it from across the room and let's just say (for legal reasons) he "looked" stoned. However, I'm pretty sure I could totally keep him from ever running for President. Only your best friends should have that kind of evidence, so that makes us tight, right?

Lest you think my brushes with fame are all football related, I have more. A sorority sister of mine, my class even, Hilary Andrews is (was?) a meteorologist on the Weather Channel. Wayne Brady, the comedian went to high school with another one of my sorority sisters. And Jimmy Buffet lived next door to one sorority sister's dad in the Keys. They are my sisters, so that makes us all practically one big happy family.

I have a friend who kissed Rob Thomas, way back in the day. I could've been in his wedding if that had worked out. I mention this merely for the excuse to post photo of Rob Thomas, cause I think he is HAWT!

My hubby was friends in college with the guys who made the movie, The Blair Witch Project. (not the actors the writers and directors) He used to play softball with a couple of them and I would cheer from the sidelines and provide ice for injuries. These guys, may only be known by the movie they made, but they do actually know my name, "Brian's wife, the lady with the ice for boo-boos". That's no degrees of separation right there ya'll! In other behind the scenes news another friend of ours worked on the show The Gilmore Girls. Damn I am almost famous!

Most recently my BFF was an extra on Friday Night Lights and she french kissed...um hugged...um got her picture taken with Kyle Chandler, baby! And she's letting me post the picture, because DUDE, KYLE CHANDLER!

She also had her picture taken with the Brad Womack the Bachelor, yawn. The same night she saw Riggins.... um Taylor Kitsch from FNL too. Gratuitous hot guy photo op.



But honestly, the whole reason I had to steal... um borrow this blog topic was so I could show off my single biggest claim to fame, (and not because my IRL friends are totally sick of hearing about it or anything like that) that I totally know this guy. On the left that's him in the little movie, maybe you know of it, Pirates of the Caribbean. Now note his arm around me in the 2nd picture? See? Almost.FAMOUS!

His name is Issac Singleton, you may recognize him from various movies and tv shows where he has played a pirate, a thug, a bouncer etc. And he is totally for reals, my friend. He's even my friend on myspace, so you know it's true! That makes me one degree of separation from a lot of really famous people! Wonder if he has Johnny's number? Or maybe Drew's email so I could send her evite for Celebrity Happy Hour.

How famous are you? Who do you know? Or who has your brother's girlfriend's cousin met? Brag here!

16 comments:

Hey, I never got any ice for my boo boos, what's up with that?

I hope you and Brian and the kids are well!

Best,

Mike

April 30, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

Oh HELL! You guys are NOT supposed to be out there reading my sad little blog! Don't you have jobs?!

April 30, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

I'm a celeb stalker too! And I used to live in Otown. Check out my blog www.austingossip.blogspot.com

April 30, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

Ask Stephanie about her meeting Drew Bledsoe when we were at WSU.

She loves the Cowboys too. Emmitt was one of 'her boys'.

My brush with fame is I went to high school with Josie Bissett (Melrose Place). Don't worry, she was way too cool then to talk to me either.

-Stu

April 30, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

If you look on my blog, there is a post titled 'brushes with fame' where I talk about meeting Rikishi, (a WWE wrestler) Scotty Too Hottie, Senator Kerry when he was running for President and Kinky Friedman when he was running for Governor. I've also met Lit, Switchfoot, Blue October, Ian Moore and lots of other bands that you probably won't know.

Oh and Daniel Tosh who is a comedian that was on Best Week Ever on Vh-1.

April 30, 2008 at 4:16 PM  

Stu, to know a Dallas Cowboy is to be truly famous! Hee hee!
And Josie Bissett? Seriously? She must have been a snob back then if she didn't talk to a nice guy like you.

April 30, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

Wow. I posted a post very much like this one about a year ago. It's called Connnections to Connections to Fame:

http://jason-thejasonshow.blogspot.com/2007/04/connections-to-connections-to-fame.html

Yours was great!

April 30, 2008 at 11:15 PM  

I'm pretty sure it was when I rollerskated (literally) into Hugh Hefner at a grocery store in Marina del Ray.

May 1, 2008 at 4:01 AM  

My only claim to fame is that I served Donny Osmond a bean burrito once. Go me!

May 1, 2008 at 8:13 AM  

I sat next to Danny Wuerffel in AD3001 at UF. It was my first semester there, though, and I had no clue who he was until halfway through the semester. :)

Other than that, my best friend's boyfriend was in a band that frequently played sets with Marilyn Manson before they were famous. I even sat at the same table with Brian (that's his real name) one night at a Denny's. He ate a chicken sandwich.

Oh... and that same best friend also made out with some guy from Collective Soul. She was such a groupie.

That's the closest I've come to fame, I guess. :)

May 1, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

I'm pretty much 2 degrees away from everyone in Hollywood because of my work on independent films here in town, but I've only ever met one celebrity in my life (aside from the link to Hollywood, who's 13 and has been in movies with Dakota Fanning and Patrick Swayze), and that was Rhett Miller, lead singer of the Old 97s. I chased him after a show so that I could deliver a message to him from a mutual friend of ours...lol.

May 1, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

That is a really sweet story about Emmitt! Glad you "stole" the post idea!

May 1, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

My dog once played with the dog of Angel Echevarria at a Triple A baseball game on Bark in the Park night . . . Angel played exactly 2 games for the Colorado Rockies that year :-)

I grew up in the small MN town where the Vikings held their spring training . . . I saw lots of 'em running from the bar back to the dorms to beat curfew many many times . . . does that count?

And, I sat next to a guy at the Texas Rangers baseball game last weekend who apparently played 6 years of pro soccer . . . I have no clue what his name is, and neither does anyone else, apparently.

So there - my brushes with fame ;-)

May 1, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

I do believe your mystery LA Ram was Tony Lomac and he was cute and very nice too if I remember correctly.
Those were the days.

May 1, 2008 at 5:04 PM  

Me! Hi stranger! What the hell are you doing around here?
Thanks for the refresher, yep Tony, that was his name. He was very cute and very sweet. Didn't I have a jacket of his for awhile? I have vague memories.
You were there for the Gino sighting too. But I think you graduated the Dec. before the Emmitt incident.
And of course all the sorority sisters were yours too. So DUDE you are as famous as me! Ha!

May 1, 2008 at 5:15 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 12, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home