The Perfect Song

So I am awakened at 5:00am by my almost 9 year old in my bathroom crying, "I feel like I'm going to throw up", shortly followed by her throwing up in our toilet. Poor kid. After she says she's finished I relocated her to the family room couch with a bucket. It's a sectional, and did I mention it was 5:00am, so I took up residence on the opposite end of the couch. She proceeded to make it to the bathroom two more times that morning, with her little reporter tagging along. Brooke came back to me each time to give details on smell and consistency, wasn't that thoughtful of her? 3 times is a record for Breanna, she's a once then finished puker. We just don't do stomach flu in our house, sore throats, sinus headaches, and coughs (or dear the lingering for months, bottles of Delsym, will not go away coughs) those are our most common ailments. So I knew we were in for a day of popsicles and tv, which frankly being in this funk, sounded great to me.

But you moms know the problem with this, kid tv. The thought of a full day of Zach and Cody reruns was more than my stomach could handle. Then I found it, JACKPOT a full weekend marathon of "Deadliest Catch". Hubby and I both love that show, and turns out so do my kids. Yep, we spent the better part of Saturday as a family laying around the living room watching the crab fisherman and listening to Mike Rowe's soothing voice. We all love "Dirty Jobs" too, and Mike Rowe is HOT! (whether or not he is gay as my husband thinks)

Anyway this finally brings me to the actual point of this post, while watching episode after episode I found myself singing "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi , all afternoon.

Being a teen of the 80's I love me some Bon Jovi. And those people at Discovery picked the perfect song for their theme song.

This started a discussion between hubby and I on best use of existing songs. When we tifaux CSI (the original) I won't let him fast forward through the theme song, I LOVE it!

So obvious it was GENIUS, to use "Who Are You" by the Who for a a crime investigation show.

My other favorite is the theme for the critically acclaimed not so much watched "Freaks and Geeks" (yes I own it on dvd) "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett.


And the newest in my obsession of great use of song is the movie "IronMan". Not that it took a brain surgeon to think of using it. But just watching the promos with "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath makes me want to see the movie. And really I'm not a big Super Hero movie fan.

Plus who am I kidding, that teen of the 80s thing is impossible to shake, so I LOVE me some Robert Downey Jr.! And this line kills me every time "Let's face it this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."

Now I want to know what are your favorite theme songs. And what songs were the perfect choice in a movie and made you cry.

Damned, teen of the 80s strikes again.

6 comments:

Tell your hubby...No way that DIRTY JOBS guy is gay. I have a pretty large group of friends and family who are gay....NO WAY any of them would participate in such messy things. Most are total clean freaks and slightly germ phobic. Besides, I have never heard him utter the words "fabulous" on that show.

April 13, 2008 at 2:35 PM  

Apparently the fact that he is HOT, Single, and lives in San Francisco is enough to throw suspicion on him. I don't care either way, cause did I mention I think he's HOT?!

April 13, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

You had to throw in the Cusack! Now I'll be mooning all day.

You've probably already seen this, but on the off change you've not, make sure to check out "Bossy Loves Cusack" on YouTube.

I loved "Closer to Free," the theme song of Party of Five--one of all my time favorite shows.

April 13, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

Jenn how did I forget Party of Five "Closer to Free"? One of my all time favorites too.
Which then reminded me of two other shows I'd forgotten, so now I'm saving up for a part 2.
And the Bossy Video is classic! I love me some John Cusack too!

April 13, 2008 at 3:13 PM  

yes! hearing that song is what makes me want to go see Ironman, too.
And yesterday I proved to a roomful of my son's peers that I am the coolest mom on the block by introducing them to Rage Against The Machine songs they hadn't heard. "Killing In The Name Of!"

April 13, 2008 at 5:33 PM  

I love Grosse Pointe Blank. I have both soundtracks for that movie. I highly recommend them! (there is more than one soundtrack for this movie)

I also have soundtracks from vampire movies for "anger management" they usually have good metal on them.

April 13, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home