Star Struck

Last week I stumbled on Cafe at the End of the Universe and was reading about her venturing out to watch a movie filming in her town. I had to comment and check back because I had to know whether or not she got a glimpse of the great Mr. Depp.



Because I am totally one of those geeky people who will go check out celebrities if they are scheduled to be anywhere close. For example "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" did a show about 30 mins from here. Me and my little sidekick (man that poor child gets dragged everywhere) were there 2 different days in the heat with camera in hand hoping to see TY! He's HOT! He was far away, but I saw him, and Ed, ooh that little hottie was this-close!


Back when Rosie had her own show I tried every year to get tickets when she came to Orlando. It's a lottery and apparently lots o' people around these parts wanted to see her. Anyway, I did finally get tickets, and it was oh so fun to see her (way up there) in person, even though we were there on the day she had boring guests. I've also tried for Ellen tickets the past couple of years, with no luck. Damn all the tv show groupies around here!

Another of mine and my hubby's cult favorites it Bruce Campbell. Yes, of Evil Dead fame. My hubby says that after finding out my crazy love for all things Ash he knew I was the woman for him! Anyway, he was here for a book signing a few years back and I desperately wanted to go, but the combo of small child and long line of boredom kept me from going, now I wish I'd toughed it out. Maybe he'll be back some day.




Cutie Patootie Ryan Sheckler was here a few months back competing in the Dew Tour. I tried to convince my hubby that Breanna would love to go see the skateboarding competition. But since I've gotten hooked on his show on MTV it was just as much about me wanting to see him. He was right down the road for Pete's sake! Hubby didn't fall for it, but afterwards Breanna did say she would've liked to have gone. Next year, baby!






If he was rumored to be in the area the ONE person I would knock down my hubby and kids for on my way out the door is Matthew McConaughey...doing ANYTHING! And I would pay any amount of money. Why? JUST LOOK AT HIM!



















On a similar yet not really note: A couple of months back I remember reading I Got 2 Babe about how she would watch Javier Bardem do his taxes and I remembered when I went to see the Bacon Brothers in concert. Yes Kevin Bacon and his brother have a band and tour. If you ever get the chance (especially if you are of the Footloose era) you should see them. They are fun, charming and entertaining, well worth the price of admission. Back to my story, as I was telling co-workers about having tickets to see the Bacon Brothers when someone asked if they were any good. Hell I didn't care, this was KEVIN BACON, I would listen to that man read the phone book! Seriously.


Pretty much a mish mash of hot boys in this post, which is not a bad thing, although no real point here to get people commenting. Hmmmm, who would you watch read the tax codes?

9 comments:

Oh nicely done. My list is so long, I've divided it into two (three? Maybe 4) on my A-Lister blog...It's become rather ridiculous.

I think my all-time favorite Let Me Watch You Sit & Ponder hotties are Mark Wahlberg, the Matthew, Christian Bale & Gael Garcia Bernal. To name a few.

April 21, 2008 at 8:21 PM  

I saw the Bacon Brothers! I love them. Forosoc is one of my favorite cd's. I have a cinematographer friend that worked with Kevin and he is just as cool as you would think.

April 21, 2008 at 8:34 PM  

Stephanie, thanks for stopping by! I'd watch all the men on your hottie list too.
Jenn, that is so good to hear about Kevin. I think that is much of his appeal, he seems like he would just be fun to go have a beer with, ya know?

April 21, 2008 at 8:41 PM  

i had a comment forming in my head as I read this post, and then I saw Matthew's butt, and I lost control of my faculties.

Damn. DAMN!

April 22, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

Michelle, his butt does that to me too. :-P

April 22, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

ha ha! How ironic that our post are so similar! I love this and totally agree with your choices.

April 22, 2008 at 2:31 PM  

I saw Noah from 90210 once. That is my singular claim to fame.

April 22, 2008 at 9:55 PM  

My husband is also a big Evil Dead fan!

mmmm...Matthew. I would like to see that butt in a mirror over my bed. And Mmmmmm... Bacon.

April 23, 2008 at 12:06 AM  

What? I'm sorry. I'm too busy drooling over Matthew McConaughey's ass.

April 23, 2008 at 9:04 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home