Amazing Tasks We Have Accomplished Today

  • Lounged until 10am
  • Justified banana cookie as muffin like and pronounced them suitable as breakfast
  • Captured a poor helpless creature and imprisoned it in a card board box with holes in the lid
  • Got dressed, if ya count bathing suits
  • Gathered toys, towels, hats, and drinks
  • Lubed up (With SUNSCREEN! This is a mommy blog! And now sure to get some fun google search terms.)
  • Called and IM'd friends in desperate attempt to avoid endless hours of "WATCH THIS" at the pool
  • Hit the community pool
  • Chatted and played with many friends
  • Successfully ignored all children for 3 hours
  • Foraged for food in the kitchen
  • Ate 2nd breakfast or as some people call it, lunch

Massive List of Things Yet To Do Today
  • Justify to self that we can live on food in house until tomorrow
  • Avoid harshing current mellow with a trip to the grocery store
  • Drive 30 min to church for VBS with young easily bored children, and me the mean mom with no tv in her car, what was I thinking?
  • Find something to do for 3ish hours while kids are at VBS
  • Remind self I'll be ALONE for 3ish hours
  • Drive 30 min with 3 very tired, yet wired on sweet treats, small children home, and me still with no tv
  • Hope hubby has acquired at least the first couple of episodes of Dexter Season 2 to feed my newest addiction
  • Say goodnight and start it all again tomorrow.

Because according to Brooke this is the week she's been waiting for, the one where we do the same thing everyday!

10 comments:

How cute.
I am right with you in avoiding the grocery store...hate it. hate it. hate it. Lucky for me though, I can leave the kids home while I shop. I find I save about $50.00 without them!!!
I will be calling family and childrens services if you don't get a tv in that vehicle soon. really, you should be ashamed.
Such abuse those poor angels have to deal with.
:)

June 23, 2008 at 2:35 PM  

I'm going grocery shopping in a bit. I can no longer lie to myself (or the kids).

June 23, 2008 at 3:22 PM  

If ONLY I could have a groundhog day/WEEK. Or wait. Maybe that's every week. Go to work, go home...dinner and bed...sometimes my life can be so unexciting..LOL

June 23, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

You. Rock. I love these days of getting stuff done but still having time for fun. And solitude!

Your lament about no TVs in the car reminds me that I parked next to someone the other day who had a DVD-thing attached to the back of BOTH driver & passenger seats. Seriously? Life is that hard without TWO TVs in the car?

Hope your day ended well :)

June 23, 2008 at 11:48 PM  

wait, what't the recipe for the banana cookies or did I miss it?

June 24, 2008 at 8:01 AM  

gr
Here's the recipe, just for you.
They don't last more than 24 hours in this house.

BANANA COOKIES

1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. almond extract (you can use vanilla too)
1 c. bananas, mashed
3 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder

Mix in order given. Bake at 375 degrees. Until just done and just beginning to brown slightly about 10 min. This is a very moist cake-like cookie.

June 24, 2008 at 9:00 AM  

yahoo! thanks! I love banana bread, therefore: ______

June 24, 2008 at 2:28 PM  

gr you will love these cookies! I am warning you now they are addictive!

June 24, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

I was JUST looking at Dexter and wondering if it was any good. I am in DESPERATE need of TV on DVD ideas! Summer kills me.

June 26, 2008 at 1:01 AM  

We're also into Dexter. It's so creepy in such a good way.

I love the phrase "don't harsh my mellow." But I like the grocery store.

June 27, 2008 at 5:19 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home